Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Mom Always Knows How to Make You Feel Better

I was at my parents' house the other day and showed my mom how my incision was healing. She took a look at my soon-to-be-scar and said, "That's probably going to look better than the one on your face."

Ah, thanks mom.

If you know me ROI, you're probably thinking "what scar on your face?" Which is exactly why this wasn't actually a mean thing to say, but it sure was funny.

It got me thinking a about the last time I had three stitches. I don't actually remember it because I was only 2. I cracked open my chin jumping on the bed. The railroad track scar (which luckily lines up pretty well with the natural crease in my chin) is an inch long, and it got 3 stitches. My new incision which is a quarter of an inch long also got three stitches.

It seems illogical to me, but more stitches per inch=less scarring. Dr. King admitted he was being a bit "stitch-happy" last week, but he wanted the incision to heal as neatly as possible since it was in a spot that would show in a swimsuit.

So, thanks Army Hospital for taking such great care of my face. I'll remember you every time I look in the mirror.

Boo, Army Hospital

Hooray, Dr. King

No comments: