Beginning this fall, I am an adjunct lecturer in OSU's School of Media and Strategic Communications. So in addition to my normal job, I'm teaching two lectures and one writing lab each week.
It's kind of awesome and kind of terrifying a the same time. My co-teacher and I didn't have a lot of time before the semester to prep (hence the terrifying), but it is all kinds of nerdy fun to teach a college class.
Here are just a few of the totally awesome things about my new job:
- Even though I told them they could call me Bonnie, some of the students call me Professor Cain-Wood. It's all I can do to not laugh at them.
- I'm going to be a complete prezi.com pro by the end of the semester.
- I wrote a syllabus. It was so much fun, nerdy, nerdy fun.
- They are actually paying me to do this. (I would have done it for free. Shh, don't tell)
- They are letting me do it again. I'm already scheduled to teach the class again next semester, and it's going to be so much easier the second time.