Saturday, May 2, 2009

Competition Drags Me from Bed


As you may know, from April 13 until May 13, Valerie, Ruth and I are participating in a 30-day blogging challenge. And today, for the first time, I nearly blew it.

Our day started early, because Sarah and her dog Newton spent the night. Sarah had to be up and out of here at 7 a.m. for life guard training. Newton stuck around for a few more hours to have puppy play date time with Boogie.

It was both a relaxing and jammed packed Saturday, as we paid bills, ran errands, cleaned house, went out for lunch, and made a terrific from-scratch dinner (thanks, Rachel Ray for the fantastic Spinach Artichoke Calazones). Then we settled in to watch a travel video on Ireland in preparation for our July trip. All in all it was an awesome Saturday.

I had tucked into bed and was finally beginning to drift off when all of a sudden I realized, "Gasp! I have blogged today!!" I dragged myself out of bed to throw together this entry. I couldn't let Valerie beat me. As much as I love sleep, I love competing just a tad more.

No comments: