Monday, April 20, 2009
Today Was Ruthless
Today was Ruth's first day at her big girl job which means it was our first day in a long time with no Ruth in the office. The fact that Ruth has moved on hadn't really hit home until I got to the office this morning. Suddenly, I realized Ruth doesn't work here anymore. It was a lot sadder than I thought it would be.
Don't get me wrong. I am so happy for her, and really proud that she's done so well for herself. I hope I did a good job getting her ready for the big bad world.
In honor of Ruth, her are a few things I learned from her:
1. Ideas are like whores. If one isn't working for you, there is always another.
2. Convert to printer spreads (where was that feature my whole life!!)
3. I have a freakishly functional relationship with my siblings. (who knew?)
4. Don't clean out the fridge. It's just not worth it.
5. A good attitude goes a long long way.
So congratulations, Ruth! I hope you've found a good fit, it certainly seems like you have. As for the Library, an office without Ruth is like... Well, it's like a really really quiet office.