Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Can't Wait to Read...

Our next vacation is just 38 days away and for me it can't come fast enough. John is headed to Austin to pick up the NISOD Teaching Award and attend the conference. It's over my birthday weekend, so I'm tagging along.

While we're there, we will be taking in some Austin highlights. But, what I'm most excited about is just getting out of town and kicking back at the pool with a good book, or two, or three. Here are few books I hope to pick up for the trip:
When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
This one I am debating whether I want the actual book for poolside or the audio version for the car ride there. Sedaris reads his own audio books and it adds so much to have the author recite his autobiographical tales.

A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs
I double plus heart Augusten Burroughs. If your only exposure to his work is the movie version of his memoir, Running with Scissors, you are missing out. Run to your local library or fave book retailer and grab Scissors, now. Then you'll see why I'm so excited to get my hands on this.

Real Vampires Get Lucky by Gerry Bartlett
Disclaimer: File this under guilty pleasure. This is a series (and I adore it!). I save it for trips like this when I want something fun, fluffy, and guaranteed to not make me think. It's a total beach book. It will be perfect for sipping pina coladas under my pool umbrella.

1 comment:

Lopez said...

One of my really close friends has A Wolf at the Table up on her blog right now as her current read.

Just thought i'd share that interesting fact...and point out that you have a very honorable mention in my blog today!

:o)