Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bow Wow Luau

John hasn't even been sworn in yet and already the Councilman benies are coming in. Today, we were comped two tickets to the Bow Wow Luau.

We were already planning to go to the Luau, and one of John's friends told an organizer we were interested. Bam, free tickets. I should actually say "free" tickets because John and I are planning on writing a check at the event that will more than cover the $20 for the two tickets. But still, it kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that someone wanted you especially to be there.

And who wouldn't want to be there?! It's going to be awesome. The Luau is May 16 at 6 pm; Dr. Anna, one of the super duper bestest vets ever, is hosting. There is going to be a pig roast (even as a flexitarian, I'm intrigued to see this!), an auction, door prizes, hula girls, and cocktails ($10 tickets and there are drinks? Score). All the proceeds from the tickets and the auction go to support the low cost spay and neuter program in Guthrie.

I know, I know, now you're thinking "Gosh, Bonnie, I want to go to the Bow Wow Luau." Well, you can. Stop by the Guthrie Pet Hospital or the Emporium in downtown Guthrie and pick up your $10 tickets. And Dr. Anna is so nice, I'd bet if you wanted to just call the Pet Hospital (at 405-28-8796) and make reservations, they'd let you pay at the door.

No comments: