Front: 8 Types of Crisis
- Natural-Acts of god, fire, flood, earthquake, etc.
- Technological-Can range from breakdowns to technological attacks
- Confrontational-Based in discontent, examples include picketing, boycotts, sit-ins
- Malevolence-Criminal or extreme methods are used to express anger, such as product tampering, kidnapping, or terrorism
- Skewed Management Values-Most often, this means management get greedy and stakeholders suffer
- Deception-Information is concealed or misrepresented
- Management Misconduct-The illegal or unethical behavior of management impacts the organization, examples are sexual harassment or embezzlement.
- Business and Economic-Financial or business factors damage the organization's reputation, such as bankruptcy, layoffs, product shortages, etc.