There is very little that I can say for sure will be on your APR exam. But I'm willing to go out on limb and say there will be questions asking you to identify a statement as a goal or an objective. There will also be questions asking you identify strategies versus tactics, but I'll get to that next week.
It can be difficult at first to write measurable objectives, I think if you understand the difference, it's quite easy to identify goals vs. objectives on the exam
Back: In general terms, what you hope to accomplish.
(Chris Brogan has a post here about setting SMART goals. Simple, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely)
Back: Desired end results stated in terms of audience, outcomes, attainment level and time frame. There may be multiple objectives for each goal.
Increase reader interaction on There's Only Ever One Bonnie
- I will post at least three entries per week in 2010.
- I will utilize at least two outposts for each entry in 2010.
- I will comment on at least 2 other blog each week in 2010.
- Readers will visit the to the blog 10% more in 2010.
- Readers will comment on the blog 25% more in 2010.
- I will respond to all comments within 24 hours of posting.
Be bold in your goal setting. I think too often we hold back out of fear of failure.