Here's how the blogging challenge works. 30 days, 30 blog posts. Yep, just that simple. We are starting on Monday, March 21 (the day after spring break for many). The last day of the challenge is April 19.
Of course, you can take part in secrecy, not telling anyone about the challenge. You could sneak under the radar and hope no one reads your blog posts. But, that really defeats the purpose of blogging. What makes this extra fun is that all of the challengers are in it together. We're all struggling to come up with a new, fresh, interesting post every day. And we are all rooting each other on as we go.
So why bother? Here are a few good reasons:
- Deep down, you wish you were a better blogger. Guess what, you get better at things by practicing them.
- If you tell everyone you are joining the challenge, they will read your blog and they will comment. Comments are awesome!
- Visiting your blog every day for a month usually leads to refreshing some images, updating the profile, adding some new widgets. With all that clean up and all that content, you'll finish the challenge with a blog you are really proud of!
- Searching for daily content will lead you to trying out new blog "tricks," photo essays, video posts, polls, etc.
- Blogging daily will show you what your blog is really about. Sometimes we think we know what our blog's theme is, but it might not be what you think it is. Once you figure out what the theme really is, blogging gets easier.
- You will blog more when the challenge is over. You'll get in the swing of it. Blogging becomes part of a routine and you'll see potential content everywhere.
So who's in? So far
- Valerie at Naked Wife
- Ruth at Clear as Mud
- Cassie at Honestly Cassie
- Marissa at TBD
- Caitlin at TBD
- Garrett at TBD
And there are a few others, I'm really hoping join in.