- Can I make it 11 days with no internet, no phone, no GPS, no email? Sure, I can.
- Will it cause a panic attack at some point. Likely, but it will probably be as I board in Houston, then I'll be fine.
- Will we be able to see the oil spill from the plane? We depart the USA from Houston, but I'm not sure of the exact path of the plane. I find the possibility simultaneously fascinating and heartbreaking.
- Even if we do our dead set best to NOT DRINK the water, will we still get sick? I give myself even odds, John's odds probably aren't as good.
- Will we like the rest of tour group? Will they be fun? Will we be the only non-AARP members? Hopefully, fingers crossed, and quite likely.
- Will the dog miss us? Will she even care if she's at my mom's house? Which is sadder?
- Can we really pack for an 11 day trip in a carry-on suitcase each?
- Will doing laundry from the road suck the fun on a daily basis?
- Will we get the whole Egyptian tipping thing down? Seriously, a tip for opening a door or pushing the elevator button? Geeze. How many 5 cent bills am I going to have to carry around?
- That's right a nickle bill. Man, if euros were confusing at times, this is going to be downright ridiculous.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
It's Vacation Week... Oh, Shiney!
The countdown until vacation is in the single digits, and I'm just not sure I'll be able to keep a thought in my head for more than a moment until I am in the airport. My brain is a jumble of unrelated (mostly vacation-focused) randomness.