Friday, June 5, 2009

Family Vaca Starts with a Splash

Yesterday afternoon, my MIL, GMIL and I arrived at family vaca 2009 (my husband was in Indianapolis, long story). The rest of the crew arrived the day before, so we settled in and went to the pool to say hi. We were just dropping by, so I didn't bother to change into my suit.

I enter to screams and squeals of "Aunt Bonnie get in the pool. Aunt Bonnie come in the water," and "Where's J.R.?"

Decided to be a good sport. I took my shoes off and stuck my feet in so I could talk to everyone and maybe even get in a few hits on the beach ball making its way around the pool.

Then Cousin Carl starts towards my end of the pool, humming the Jaws theme song. Honestly, I thought he was teasing. Carl is a big teaser. And when he grabbed my ankles and gave a little tug, I still thought he was teasing. But when he tossed me over his shoulder and start wading into the deep end, I started to wonder if he was actually going to dunk me.

And of course, he did. I was tossed into the middle of the pool fully dressed (in a white t-shirt, no less). Luckily I was wear a bra, so we were able to keep it PG for the kids.

This is me and Carl. I didn't stand a chance.

No comments: